by katherine |
I remember starting my baby registry and being soo overwhelmed by the number of things I needed, brands to choose from, and different styles of items. I found myself spending so much time reading tons of reviews (especially when I was up in the middle of the night with heartburn haha..nothing like a 2 a.m. Amazon session). So, I’ve compiled a few of my favorite items as a starting point for anyone working on their registry!
- Béaba Babycook – I just started making Hadley’s food recently and this is such a time saver. It was important to me that I knew what was going into the food she was eating, and that it was organic and fresh! I make her food and freeze it into baby food molds from Amazon and defrost as needed.
- The First Years 4-in-1 Remote Control Bottle Warmer – This was such a lifesaver in those first few weeks when Hadley was up several times a night to eat. When I needed a break from feeding her we could just push the remote button and her bottle would be warmed up and ready to go.
- Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer – This is so much easier than boiling bottles! I also use it to sterilize her pacifiers.
- Luxe Muslin Swaddle, Mudcloth – I love the mudcloth pattern on this swaddle blanket! And the light weight muslin was great for our summer baby. She always wanted to be swaddled for the first few weeks, and she was too tiny for a sleepsack when she was first born (she kept pulling it up over her face!) so these muslin blankets were the perfect solution.
- Zip-up onesies – We brought a bunch of cute outfits to the hospital when Hadley was born, and I’m not sure what I was thinking haha. The zippers are so much easier than trying to get clothing over a newborn babies head. It also makes diaper changes much quicker!
- Stokke Steps Highchair – This highchair adjusts from an infant seat to toddler chair. We used the Stokke bouncer seat and attached that to the chair when Hadley was an infant, and she’s now in the highchair. I also loved that it matched the style of the dining chairs in my kitchen, so it blends right in!
- BIBS pacifiers – these pacifiers are made of natural rubber and are so cute and timeless! We tried a few other options and these are the only ones that Hadley will use
- Snuggle Me Organic – Hadley has used this for napping since day one! It is perfect for lounging and made of organic materials.
- Sleepea Swaddle – I really wanted a SNOO bassinet, but since that was out of our budget this was the second best option! Designed by Dr. Harvey Karp, it is lightweight and so easy to use. It makes swaddling happen in 5 seconds and was the only sleepsack that was small enough for Hadley when she was a newborn. Too bad it took me about a month after she was born to find it!
- LouLou Lollipop Teether – Hadley loves the different textures and materials on this teether, and I love that it is super stylish and all natural.
- Halo Bassinest – this is the bassinet we used, and it was so convenient having her right next to me in bed. It made it much easier waking up in the middle of the night. I just had to lean over to grab her rather than getting out of bed. It also has a built in nightlight which definitely came in handy.
- aden + anais diapers – I just recently discovered these diapers (they’re $10 off on Amazon!) and I love them! I’ve tried just about every chemical-free diaper there is, and these are my favorite. They are so soft and have adorable patterns!
- Lovevery play gym – this play gym has so many components that keep Hadley happy during tummy time – which is no easy feat. She loves looking at the cards and mirrors, and trying to eat all of the colorful tassels haha.
- Skip Hop Activity Center – this keeps Hadley entertained for hours! I put her in the activity center in our kitchen so I can get things done and make dinner. I also like that it has 3 stages of activities, so it can be used from 4 months through the toddler years.
- 4moms mamaRoo – Hadley wasn’t a huge fan of this at first (she always wanted to be held) but now that she’s gotten a little older she loves relaxing and napping in her mamaRoo.
There are definitely more products that I love, these are just a few favorites! What are some of your favorite baby products that I should try!?