by amy |
I love a good cocktail bar as much as the next person, but let’s be honest – sometimes you just don’t feel like leaving the house. When we do venture out, you will usually find me scanning the menu for a drink that has whiskey or bourbon. Nine times out of ten it is my go to liquor, especially in the colder months. But, Saturday was a
Netflix binge the entire new season of The OA and chill kind of day, so I decided to make a fancy cocktail to enjoy in the comfort of my own home.
This Grapefruit Bourbon cocktail is super easy and tastes great whether you are treating yourself to a night in or hosting a few friends at your house.
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 1/2 oz fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- squeeze of lemon
- 1/2 oz skinny simple syrup*
- club soda
- slice of grapefruit for garnish
* skinny simple syrup
- ¼ cup Truvia nectar or 3 1/2 tbsp of Truvia Sweetner (for traditional simple syrup, use 1/2 cup granulated sugar)
- ½ cup water
To make the simple syrup
- Combined Truvia and water in a small sauce pot and cook over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, let stand 10 minutes
- Transfer to jar or container and refrigerate until completed cool, or up to 5 days. Makes about ½ cup of syrup
To make the cocktails
- In cocktail shaker combine bourbon, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, simple syrup and ice; shake well
- Pour over additional ice, top with club soda and garnish with a slice of grapefruit.
Makes 2 servings