This one pan chicken and brussel sprouts dish is a favorite of mine! Only one dirty dish, and it is super quick and easy to make. I make this once a week on a workday because it is so simple to throw together, and its soo delicious!! I usually serve it with a side of garlic bread, because everyone needs some carbs in their life. But it also makes a great healthy, keto option.
It uses mostly pantry staples, so all you really need to buy is the chicken, stock, and brussel sprouts. Also, a good cast iron skillet is key here. It ensures you get that crispy chicken skin, and adds a crispy texture to the brussel sprouts too – which is so yummy!
This is sure to become a weekly favorite once you try it!
- 6 chicken thighs – you can use boneless, skinless or skin on
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz brussel sprouts, halved (or as many as you’d like – you can really layer them on!)
- .5 c chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves (keep whole)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- using a cast iron skillet, add the olive oil and sear the chicken on your stove top, skin side down, for about five minutes (or until skin is crispy)
- flip chicken and sear the under side
- add brussel sprouts, whole garlic cloves and chicken stock
- layer lemon slices on top of chicken thighs
- bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees
Check out our food&drink page for cocktail recipes to pair with your dinner!