Looking for a quick and easy dish for your next brunch? This berry french toast casserole was so easy to make and equally delicious! It was definitely a hit at our brunch a couple weeks ago.
What is even better about this dish is that you can make it the night before, allowing time for the bread to soak up the egg mixture, and then just pop it in the oven the next morning!
Since you are allowing time for the egg mixture to soak in, the final dish will be moist on the inside and crispy on the outside. The perfect combo!
- 12-14 cups of French bread
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk (I used skim and it still turned out great)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced (or however many you desire)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (same as above)
- 1-2 tbsp powdered sugar
- maple syrup
To make the casserole:
- Grease a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish
- Cut up French bread into cubes and add to casserole dish
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and brown sugar. Whisk mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into casserole
- Slice strawberries. Top casserole with strawberries and blueberries
- Wrap the casserole in saran wrap and refrigerate for four hours, or up to overnight
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Serve with maple syrup!
Want a cocktail to pair with this berry french toast casserole? Check out our mimosa cubes!