Who doesn’t love a good frittata? This cast iron frittata recipe is low carb (which we needed at our brunch to balance out that delicious french toast – haha) and filled with veggies – and cheese! It’s a great option for a savory brunch item and soo easy to make. I prepped all the veggies the night before, so all I had to do was whip up some eggs and throw it into the oven for 30 minutes. It makes such a quick and easy brunch item, and is perfect for entertaining!
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1 c (or handful) spinach
- 1/2 c chopped green pepper
- 1/2 c chopped red pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 c shredded cheddar cheese
To make the cast iron frittata:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a 10-in. cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, saute onion, peppers and garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil until the vegetables are tender add the spinach in and cook until wilted. You can even do this step the night before!
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl
- Add the veggies into your cast iron skillet if you prepped beforehand – or just keep going if they’re already in there!
- Pour egg mixture over veggies and stir everything together. Top with cheese
- Place cast iron skillet into the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the eggs have puffed slightly and are golden brown around the edges. The total baking time will vary slightly depending on the type of cookware and the temperature of the contents before they go in the oven.
- Slice the frittata into 8 and serve!
Want a cocktail to pair with this frittata? Check out our mimosa cubes!