I’m always looking for baby friendly recipes that Hadley can pick up and eat (since she hates being spoon-fed now, ahh!) and these definitely fit the bill! They’re gluten free, and can be made dairy free if you’d like. They are super quick and easy to make, and you can make multiple batches at a time since they freeze well.
I found the base for the recipe in one of my favorite baby cookbooks, The Big Book of Organic Baby Food, and added a few extras to make it my own! Hadley is a big fan of cinnamon, so I added a bit of that along with some vanilla for some more flavor. These are definitely not just for babies, they make a great adult snack too!
- 2 c almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c dairy or nondairy milk
- 1/2 c blueberries
- coconut oil spray
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- spray mini-muffin tin with coconut oil spray
- whisk together almond flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt
- in a separate bowl, whisk together maple syrup, butter, eggs and milk
- add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix. fold in blueberries
- fill each muffin cup 3/4 full
- bake until muffins are set, about 15 minutes. store the muffins in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
This recipe makes about 24 mini muffins.
Check out our food&drink page for more delicious recipes!